Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sisters and My Very Own First Sketch

I created this layout for the Scrap-Friendzy January Sketch-A-Thon, but for some reason never got it posted. This one was a quickie for me, created in a couple hours one afternoon using this gorgeous g.c.d. studios paper, a Martha Stewart punch, Kaisercraft butterfly, and Petaloo flowers, with lace and a doily from my stash. What wonderful memories are captured here with our two oldest daughters back when we lived in North Carolina! Don't they look happy together? They are still good friends and share an apartment together. 

Pin It

For the Sketch-A-Thon, I created my first ever sketch. I'm not sure I'm cut out to be a sketch artist, but had fun creating this one, which I used as the basis for this page. 

Pin It

I would be honored if you use this sketch for inspiration. Let me know if you do. 

Techniques:


To put this together so quickly I used mostly premade items like this flower cluster using flowers from several of Petaloo's collections.



Wood Butterfly: I used this wonderful Kaisercraft wood cut-out. I painted it with black acrylic, then dry brushed on some brown metallic acrylic for some shimmer and added dimension. 

Don't forget, at Scrap-Friendzy we're celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday with a month of Seuss inspired challenges. I hope you'll join us!! 

Thanks for dropping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

17 comments:

  1. I must have missed this sketch during the Sketchathon Tracey...love what you did with it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sketch but the layout is absolutely STUNNING work! This one is sure to be a treasured page in years to come. Thanks for sharing and I'll let you know what I do with your sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS! This is just gorgeous-maybe my favorite yet of yours! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is STUNNING!!! I loveeeeeee that photo, the flowers and loveeeeeeeeee the doily and lace!! JUST GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Graphically pleasing and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your layouts. The soft colors and the photos are fabulous. Congrats on doing your first sketch. I wouldn't even know how to start! I may have to give it a try...it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tracey, what a beautiful and delicate layout and go you for creating a sketch of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful page and work love the touch og vintaga and a lovely pick of your2 fave girls.
    byeeee,lean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I called you Grace again had to remove my comment and do it again!!!!! Your layout is stunning!!!!! Love the vintage look and the picture is beautiful!!!!! Fabulous again TRACEY!!!! Wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tracey.. this is a really lovely sketch and your layout is so beautiful.. i love all the lace and the photo is soo precious!! well done..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous sketch and page Tracey! I love the butterfly and all of your beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Tracey! This layout is simply stunning. I love your details as usual. Quite something special!
    Hope all is well. Thank you for your kind words & supporting my blog.
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you are cut out to be a sketch designer, or anything-you-want designer!!!!! I mean it! Your sketch is beautiful and so is the lovely page you created with it. I love that photo of the two of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Doesn't look like a quick layout at all!!!! It looks fabulous, and so oes your sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tracey! I just wanted to stop by to thank you SO MUCH for your wonderful comment left at my blog yesterday! Straight from your heart! Your friendship warms mine!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH Tracey, this is beautiful!! It is wonderful that they are still close, there is nothing more wonderful than that! You are truly blessed. Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS layout!! I love the doily and lace....BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.